Here’s something I didn’t mess up this week, because let me tell you – it’s been a corker! I’ve burned food, dropped things, walked into things, banged my head… Oh! And I set my hair alight with a kitchen blowtorch. I’m so relieved it’s the weekend! And aside from the singed eyebrows and burnt hair, at least my nails are looking good!
I saw this idea on Pinterest and thought it was really clever, but you know how it goes – when it comes to Pinterest; recreating what you see there’s always a bit of a gamble. Either it works out, or it’s a disaster (and I’ve plenty of those this week…). But this worked out! It’s so easy to do; all you need are some small flowers, a pair of tweezers and some clear nail polish. Perfect to celebrate the arrival of Spring! 🙂
Pressed Flower Manicure
The first thing you need to do is harvest some small flowers. Forget-Me-Nots are just starting to bloom and work perfectly, but any small flowers or colourful petals will do.
- Sandwich the flowers in a sheet of grease proof paper, then wedge them in a large, heavy book or catalogue. You need to leave them for about a week to fully flatten out and dry out before using them on your nails.
- Prepare your nails; trim them, file them, you do what you gotta do. You’ll want a nice smooth surface to arrange the pressed flowers on.
- Keep the flowers you’re going to use close to hand, then apply your base coat of polish. I pretty much exclusively use Essie polishes (I love the pigments and formula – you won’t see me wearing anything else!), but any neutral base colour will do.
- Whilst the polish is still tacky, use the tweezers to arrange the flowers on the nail – pressing gently.
- Next you’re going to add as many clear top coats of polish as it takes to fully seal in the flowers. And that’s it!
Have a great weekend! 🌼🌼🌼