It’s been pointed out that my Mum and I eat a lot of toasted tea cakes. Whenever we’re out and about and stop off somewhere for a cup of something, there’s usually a tea cake or slice of fruit loaf oozing in butter sitting on the side. It’s like a fancy slice of toast, but so much cosier.
I made this loaf at 11:30pm on Christmas Eve before heading off to bed with my stocking, and when we woke up the next morning the kitchen was filled with the smell of fresh bread and cinnamon, and it tasted even better 🙂
Better than Starbucks Fruit Loaf
(I made my loaf in a bread maker using Programme 1, Large Loaf, Medium Crust)
- 250ml Water
- 2 tbsp of soft Butter or Margarine
- 300g Plain Flour
- 3tbsp Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 packet of dry active Yeast
- 150g Sultanas
- Zest of 1 orange
- (Maple Syrup to glaze)
- Add all ingredients except sultanas and zest into the bread machine.
- 10 minutes into the programme, add the sultanas and zest.
- 15 minutes before the end of the programme glaze the top of the loaf with Maple Syrup.
- Scoff hot with plenty of butter! 🙂