Remember when the weather wasn’t grey and miserable and it felt like summer was literally on the doorstep banging the door down? Yeah, good times. Well, back then we managed to have a barbecue (the first and hopefully not the last of the year…). We had sausages, grilled chicken, and on a whim Sunny picked up some Halloumi Burgers and – oh sweet Jesus – I suddenly remembered just how amazing the stuff is.
Cue one moody Monday lunchtime I got a craving for some halloumi and – after a quick online search – landed on a recipe I fancied. It’s one of those meals that’d work for breakfast, brunch or dinner since it’s got a little bit of everything. 🙂
- 1 egg
- A handful of chopped baby potatoes (how many will depend on how many you’re cooking for)
- Diced halloumi
- Chopped baby tomatoes
- Chopped bacon (or lardons)
- Olive oil
- Mozzarella balls
- Boil the potatoes until they’ve just started to soften, then drain.
- Heat up a frying pan with a little olive oil, then fry the potatoes until they start to brown.
- Add the bacon, then the halloumi and finally the tomatoes and spinach.
- Serve with a fried egg and mozzarella. Yum!
Hope you’re having a good week!