Okay, confession time. I’m not the biggest ice-cream fan. Don’t get me wrong, I like it – a lot – it’s just that cakes and doughnuts own my dessert heart, and when I do go for ice cream I’m boring and predictable and always pick mint chocolate chip. But, I like making it. It’s easier than you’d think, you don’t need an ice-cream machine and once you get the hang of it you can really play around and experiment with weird and wonderful flavours! Like banana bread flavour 🙂
Banana Bread Ice-cream
- 3 ripe (but not spotty!) bananas
- 1 slice of toasted brown bread
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 150 ml double cream
- 284 ml full fat milk
- (Handful of chopped walnuts to serve)
- Whisk the cream and milk together until combined.
- Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mix into a freezer proof container and then freeze, making sure to remove and stir thoroughly every 2 hours until completely frozen.
- Remove from the freezer for twenty minutes before serving, or pop the tub in the microwave for 30 seconds to loosen the mix.
- Serve in waffle cones with chopped walnuts. Yum! 🙂