No apologies here; this time of year all I want to do is curl up in a baggy hoodie and pjs and eat things that are warm and gooey and ideally full of chocolate. Brownies tick all those boxes, and yeah, the regrets will probably kick in when jumper season is over, but… Nope. I changed my mind. No regrets, ever. I firmly believe that a little bit of what you fancy does you good – especially when it’s cold and miserable outside. 🙂
Mars Bar & Walnut Brownies
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g butter
- 2 large eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 35g self raising flour
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 2 Mars Bars chopped into chunks
- Tsp of Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 170° (fan assisted).
- Break up the chocolate and chop the butter into small squares and then melt together in the microwave for a minute (don’t make the mistake of walking away – chocolate burns easily and butter makes a hell of a mess if it boils!). Stir and then leave to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar, then gradually fold in the chocolate/butter mix, then the flour. Once combined, stir in the chopped walnuts and mars bar bits.
- Grease and line a deep baking tin and pour in the brownie mix. Bake for 40 minutes.
- Leave the brownies to cool completely before cutting into squares (don’t be tempted to scoop ’em while they’re still warm, and trust me, you will be…), scatter with sea salt, then scoff 🙂
3 replies on “Mars Bar & Walnut Brownies”
Sounds amazing, think I will have to go get some Mars bars.
Sooooo doing these when I get some time off. Look amazing !!
[…] 5. Mars Bar Brownies […]