It’s Pancake Day tomorrow (or Shrove Tuesday if you’re old school), but I’m sure I didn’t need to tell you that! I know some people take it really seriously and use it as a day to binge on whatever they’re giving up for lent, but Sunny and I just use it as an excuse for great big Pancake Par-tay. But come on, as if we needed an excuse! Sometimes it just needs to be a Saturday morning. 🙂
We usually make the fluffy American/Scotch pancakes (nice and easy to flip in the pan!) and then plonk a load of different toppings and sauces on the table.
Fluffy American-Style Pancakes
- 150ml milk
- 130g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- a bit of butter to grease the pan
- Put all the ingredients in a jug and whisk until nice and smooth.
- Heat up a frying pan (medium heat) and grease with butter.
- Pour a little batter into the pan and let it settle. When the top of the pancake starts to bubble – flip it!
- What you serve them with is down to you. Throw some blueberries into the batter, a lump of peanut butter, sugar strands, walnuts… the possibilities are endless!
How do you like your pancakes?