I don’t know about you, but sometimes I come out the other end of Christmas with a bit of a chocolate hangover (says the girl who just bought a load of Malteaser Tree Chocs in the January Sales…). Alright, it’s a very brief hangover, but I definitely start craving summery sweet things and cakes with a bit of a zing to perk me up on those gloomy January days, and these Blondies are kind of like a treat-sized Lemon Collins. 🙂
Lemon and Gin Blondies
- Zest and Juice of 2 Lemons
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 150g Self Raising Flour
- 150ml Gin
- Powdered Sugar to dust
- Sprigs of Thyme to Garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180° and line a square baking tin with grease proof paper.
- In bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, lemon juice and zest, gin and flour, then pour into the baking tin.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (the middle will be gooey, but will set once cooled). Leave to cool, then cut into rectangles.
- Dust with powdered sugar and garnish with a sprig of thyme.
I bet these would work well in the summer with some lavender – I might have to do an encore on this one. Have a great week everyone! X