You know me, I’m a big fan of fresh and fuss free mid-week meals, but then isn’t everyone? Whenever I sit down to do my meal planning for the week and ask Sunny if he’s got any requests when it comes to dinners then 9 times out of 10 I’ll get that super specific but mostly unhelpful answer, “I don’t know, *shrugs* something with rice?” So we tend to eat a lot of curries and a lot of stir fries – and d’you know what? I’m not even mad about that because they’re so quick and easy to whip up, especially in the middle of the week – and they’re (mostly) pretty healthy.
But, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut cooking the same two or three things each week. So. I’ve slowly been upping my “homemade takeaway game”. I make a mean plate of Singapore Noodles and – more recently – a cracking bowl of Thai Noodle Soup and now I’m bringing this super satisfying (and stupidly simple) plate of Mango Chicken to the table. It’s as easy as opening a jar of Mango Chutney! Sweet and sticky and perfect if you fancy a change from your usual Sweet and Sour Chicken. You can even switch out the chicken for battered cod or scampi if you fancy. Boom! 😉
Cheat’s Mango Chicken (serves 2)
- 300g jar of mango chutney
- 100ml water
- 150g diced mango
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- a handful of chopped spring onions
- 250g of battered chicken breast meat (if you want to make things easy, then buy it already battered – if not, I’d recommend giving this recipe a go; it’s not as tricky as you think!)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Pour the vegetable oil into your wok and get it smoking hot. Stir fry the pepper, mango and spring onions for five minutes.
- Pour in the contents of the mango chutney. Pour the water into the jar and swill it around to collect the dregs, then pour into the wok – stirring to combine.
- Let it bubble for five minutes and reduce down, then stir in the battered chicken.
- Serve up with egg fried rice. Yum! 🙂
What’s your favourite kind of midweek meal? Let me know in the comments – I’m always trying to find new favourites! Have a great week! 🙂
7 replies on “Cheat’s Mango Chicken”
Wow, this sounds delicious. I’m looking forward to trying it! Thanks for the recipe.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks! Let me know how it goes! 🙂
This meal looks absolutely delicious. Such a colourful dish.
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] – whether that’s just egg on toast, or something a little fancier like this super easy Mango Chicken. So far, so […]
[…] think this quick and easy recipe for Mango Chicken has to be top of the pops (in my book, anyway) when it comes to a good Fakeaway. If you’ve […]
[…] used to make a quick meal in a pinch. I also keep my freezer stocked with chicken dippers (try my Cheat’s Mango Chicken, and my Honey Sesame Chicken – both made using chicken dippers!), Halloumi (great in stir […]