How’s your head, Wales? Is your hangover still ragin’ after grand-slamming a few celebratory shots on Saturday night? Sworn off drinking forever? Sad that the Six Nations are done and dusted for another year? But what a weekend of Rugby! If you’re still feeling a bit hanging and wobbling over the idea of just giving in and getting in a takeaway tonight, then have I got the recipe for you – perfect for the Monday after the weekend before. 😉
I’ve been on a kick recently of upping my midweek meal game – particularly when it comes to takeaway dupes – and this sticky honey and sesame chicken is a winner (-winner chicken dinner). Nail the sauce and the rest is history. You can either batter your own chicken or pop some chicken dippers (or Quorn Nuggets) in the oven, and then serve it up with some egg fried rice, a sprinkling of sesame seeds and some chopped spring onions. So easy!
Easy Sticky Honey Chicken
- 100ml runny honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 125ml water
- a handful battered chicken nuggets
- sesame seeds
- chopped spring onions
- Whilst your chicken nuggets are cooking, make up the sauce. Pour all the ingredients – except the water – into a mixing bowl and stir well to combine. Then, add the water and stir.
- Pour into a saucepan and bring to the boil; stir until the sauce starts to thicken up, then remove it from the heat.
- Drizzle it all over your cooked chicken nuggets, then sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped spring onions. Serve with egg fried rice and scoff! 🙂
Have a great week! 🙂