Hey there Monday, here we go again! So come on then, hands up; who hit the snooze button a few too many times this morning? Did you have that sudden panic roll out of bed when you realised how late it was? Did you fog your hair with dry shampoo because you didn’t have time for a shower? Did you leave a cold cup of tea on the kitchen counter and decide to skip breakfast?
We’ve all had one of those mornings. So, here’s something to keep in the bottom drawer of your freezer for next time! I love making these Breakfast Burritos when I’ve got a bit of time on the weekend. You can put whatever you like inside them, then just wrap them in foil and freeze them for the next time you need breakfast on the go! Just take off the wrapping and whack them in the microwave for five minutes with a cup of water (nifty trick to keep the tortilla nice and soft 😉 ). Boom.
Veggie Breakfast Burritos (with Halloumi)
- 6 Large Tortilla Wraps
- 1 Large diced Baking Potato
- 1 Diced Red Romano Pepper
- 150g Mexican Beans Mix
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatos
- 1 Block of Halloumi, diced
- 50g Chopped Coriander
- 50g Smoked Paprika
- 4 Eggs
- 100ml Milk
- Your favourite grated cheese
- Butter to grease
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil up the potatoes in salted water until they’re just on the cusp of softening (about 15 minutes), then drain.
- Add the potatoes, pepper, tomatoes, beans and halloumi into a large saucepan. Fry on a medium heat with paprika and a little butter for about half an hour until all the flavours have combined, then stir in the chopped coriander and remove from the heat.
- In a separate pan, whisk together the milk and eggs with a little butter, then scramble! Stir into the cooked burrito mix, along with the grated cheese and then share equally between your six tortillas.
- I like to wrap them in foil and then freeze or refrigerate them until I’m ready to eat them. You can heat them up in the oven in around 30 minutes if you’ve got time, or remove the foil and blitz in the microwave.
Can you believe it’s June already? Yikes! Have a great week, whatever you’re up to! 🙂